Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chapter 79: Calm


The living room suffers through new wallpaper again.


Fischer decorates his bedroom with items that remind him of world travel.


He hasn't gotten over Sun. They hadn't known each other for very long, so he tells himself he shouldn't be this torn up over a crazy whirlwind relationship, but his neurotic nature tells him that this event in his life was significant, an indicator of how things will go for him in the future.

Fischer feels lonely already.


Kipp doesn't understand her dating troubles, either.

"Look at this, Janet. I'm tough and awesome. The guys should be all over me."


Janet sighs as Kipp follows up by playing with the toy boat that originally belonged to child Sifton.


When Kipp leaves their house to go home, she and Janet find Arthur jamming in the front yard.

"He used to do that, like, in the daytime," Janet says. "Grandpa was practically raised by humans so I think he has some kind of psychological must-spite-sun issue."


Arthur looks more like a grandpa the next time we see him, at Kipp's birthday party.


Make a wish.


Way to almost be late for the whole thing, Ashby.

Kipp's father Tristan is not here, given Rex's reputation for beating the shit out of people.


Instead of joining the cheering, Pavel hangs out in the living room with Lorenzo and Iago. Old age took Pavel completely by surprise. He never had children. Given the incredible number of his brother Martin's descendants running around, he's kind of glad he didn't.

With that haircut, elderly Lorenzo looks almost exactly like his father, Hawk, looked in old age.


Kipp becomes a woman.

Fischer, stop hogging the picture.


That's better.


Iago is horrified to see his sister with gray hair.


Tam is going out with Felicia now. Yesterday that news hit Kipp like the end of the world, but today it seems like teenage nonsense. Who knows how long those two will even be together?

Any length of time is too long for Javier. No one is good enough for Felicia, you know. Who does Tam think he is?


Your incense holders are not safe from the governor.



Rio invites his niece to join him in the music industry, where she could turn her wealth into fame and more wealth if she wanted to. But Kipp wants to be a police officer.


It's Fischer and Sun's daughter's birthday as well.


"Her name is Yasu," Fischer announces. "It's a Japanese name, but I like it. It means calm."

"What, did you find that on the Internet?" Rex criticizes.

"Yes." Fischer is unashamed.

"I think it's a pretty name," Ashby says, glowering at her husband.


The festivities are cut short by the latest Sunder scheme at the criminal warehouse: to steal all the city's clouds.


Unfortunately this backfires horribly and Ashby has to deal with it. She finds criminals drowning like rats in the basement and pulls them out.


And another fire. Why even put on a protective suit for this?


"Move it!" she calls to her cousin, Arron. "Get out, you nit-wit!"

Arron just moved into a starter home with his wife and two children, and now it's up in flames.


Old age descends upon Rex. But at least his hair lives on.



Fischer worries constantly about Yasu. Will she be teased, being of Chinese decent? Feel lonely, as an only child? Rejected, because she has no mother? Fischer doesn't think he can secure a wife to stand in for Yasu's mother any time soon, so he's considering other options.


Like adoption. This social worker carelessly leaves the baby basket in the Archers' foyer and walks away.


Fischer liberates baby Xue from the basket.

She's of Chinese origin as well. Fischer may not be able to give his daughter a mother, but he can give her a sister and a playmate.


Fischer isn't sure what kind of a past Xue had, but she's a happy and lively toddler.

Meeting strangers does not seem to bother her.


Fischer has re-done the nursery a bit, replacing the cribs and rugs and re-painting the walls.


Xue is a toddler virtuoso, if there is such a thing, and goes straight to the toy xylophone.


Fischer longs to be out at clubs being social, but something holds him back, keeping him a loner. He alternates his time between painting...


...and raising his daughters.

He doesn't focus much on his "career," though Rex insists he should try his best at everything he does.


Some aspects of child-rearing are more glamorous than others.


Fischer worries about his father, who won't slow down.


At Fischer's insistence, Rex pursues other hobbies, such as gardening. He reads up on the subject before attempting to tackle the mess in the back yard.


Ashby's hobbies worry Fischer about as much as her job does. A woman of this age shouldn't be straining herself.


Rex visits Kipp. Kipp moved in with Tristan, who was alone and frail in his old age. With her inheritance money she bought them a nicer house in the historic district; when Tristan is gone there will be room for her to start a small family.


She's a cop now. Rex snaps a picture for posterity.

________________________________________________
Etc.: Yasu was the name of an evil sorceress I had in an RPG.

Sims-Yasu naturally inherited Rex's hair and Fischer's blue eyes, if you wondered. I toyed with the idea of changing Fischer's hair to match his father's, and mentioned it on the forums, but the mutation hair grew on me so I decided against changing it.

 I am not trying to make a political statement with Xue, or anything like that. Fischer adopted a toddler, and I went into CAS and changed that toddler to match a random Chinese sim. I have pictures of the adult sim Xue is cloned from somewhere; she was up for consideration to be Yasu's mother, but I discovered she was married so dropped it. Sun and Fischer had more in common anyway.

Then it turned out Sun was married too, but Sun's marriage did not seem to weigh on her conscience in the slightest!

Rex is still working on his LTW to max logic and athletic. He has one athletic point to go, so it's safe for me to give him a new "hobby." Ashby's LTW is to save 30 sims. I don't know if she'll be able to or not. Apparently that's a tough one to complete without cheating. She gets a lot of rabbit hole jobs, which do not count on the saving sims tally even though messages pop up saying she saved people in heroic fashion. Fischer's LTW is to max painting and writing. Kipp's was something in the police field. I had her quit her job at the spa and then moved her out. SP sent her on the path to her LTW automatically.

My roll for generation 10 is couple, two kids, inventor primary career, architect secondary career, awesome, and tattoo addict. I didn't roll for heir. I decided it's Yasu. I love that she'll be an inventor, because many of the Archers have been eccentric inventors. As for architect... well... I've never tried that career. I hope it's cool.

I've gone around town forcing married couples to have male children, ensuring a future mate for Yasu. Hopefully. My town is just so incredibly messed up at this point, I no longer cared about "cheating" and forcing those kids to be male.

Fischer has one kid left to go. Originally I was going to send him to have kids with a French or Egyptian woman, but after what happened with Sun, I will probably let him adopt the third child.

9 comments:

  1. I really adore Fischer. He's cute. And I love neurotics, lol.
    His daughters are adorable.
    I was never able to get the firefighter LTW either. I've stopped giving it to Sims, because I hate that it's so out of your control, dependent on what kind of emergencies the game throws at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the kids I end up with are passably cute (okay, all of them with Pablo's face were kind of evil looking). I don't understand how so many people get total horror show kids... =( ...aside from the tongue-out-of-chin thing, which can be fixed in the early generations of my town and never seen again. Ace Wilde's descendants would have had that going on, but I corrected him and his first kid (Julian I think), so it never bothered me again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people who get horror show kids have used a lot of custom sliders on the parents.
    My kids are all reasonably human looking, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how fugly the Bunch and Landgraab kids always come out. Its always hard to find an attractive mate for my heirs in Sunset Valley. Even harder in Twinbrook.

    I made the mistake of having Roxie mate with Stiles, because Matthew came out pretty ugly. It was hard to find a hair style that distracts from his god-awful mouth... I won't lie... everytime I take a close up picture I start humming "Trouty Mouth".

    But yeah, Fischer's daughters are just adorable. And Kipp is such a beautiful young woman. I adore her hair. It really suits her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also: (Since I forgot to put this in my previous comment) Noooooooooo Arthur! You're... You're OLD.

    D :

    THIS IS NOT COOL, NUTS. NOT COOL AT ALL. Arthur is my favourite sim ever. In any legacy, including mine. This breaks my heart more than Emily's creeping age bar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arthur and Pavel will almost certainly be dead before the legacy ends, but I don't think I will put their graves on my family lot. For some reason it would just feel wrong to capture them, lol. I'll probably have them placed in the family cemetery... ...not that you can interact with those ghosts unless EA's new patch fixed that (yeah right).

    Your comments on Sunset Valley make me even more hesitant to start a new legacy there. D= I'm just not sure what to do yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For you I would highly recommend Riverblossom Hills. It's got a lot of that weird element that plays so well in your legacy. The vampires are particularly interesting, as is the Goolsby family, which Autumn is descended from.
    There are a few uglies that would be better off to not breed with, but on the whole it's a great town.

    Cece, look out for Langeraks as potential breeders. Parker and Kaylynn both turn out attractive and in my experience make attractive kids.
    Mortimer Goth also turns out nicely, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's that or Barnacle Bay, I think. I was looking at Sunset Valley again and it's just... so... unpolished.

    Though I've heard nothing but good about Riverblossom Hills, the download seems complex, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It scared me, too at first, with the whole multipart download. But it installs really easily by just double clicking the first rar.

    Barnacle Bay is nice, too. The worst part about it is having to add any Ambitions & LN lots you want to use.

    ReplyDelete