Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chapter 80: Neurotic Park


Love. It hurts.


Trying to forget about it.


It's not unusual for Fischer to have several paintings going on at once, on different easels in different parts of the house.


Ashby interrupts to tell firefighting stories.


Fischer hugs his mother so she'll shut up.


Granny Ash will protect the babies.


She will be vigilant.


A simple family outing to Riverwalk Park.


Rex is terrifying.


The governor gets off the phone to greet his sister.


"Raising your son's kids?" Iago scoffs. "That's pathetic."

"Fischer had to step into the art museum for a minute." Ashby points to the blue building behind them. "He-"


"You can't talk to my wife that way!" Rex snarls, interrupting.


A military man appears when the governor is threatened. Rex backs off.


"Go away," Iago tells the blue-suit irritably. "This is my family."


Some nice political chatter.


Lorenzo appears, gushing with happiness over the renovations to the art museum.


"Ye-eah, my Fischer is quite the artist." Ashby forces a smile.

Her hatred for art somehow produced two artsy sons.


Randy contemplates how many have lived and died with his genetics.


Fischer wonders why he's dressed like this, cleaning his own floors, given how rich he is.

But when he thinks of some incompetent stranger cleaning the floors he steps on with his bare feet, he shudders.


Being a dad means long nights.


And early mornings.

Fischer's eyes seem to say, "aren't I still dreaming?"


A fire in this crowded section of town.


Sometimes a door is so pretty, it's a shame to break it down. But you gotta do it.


KGB was doggin' me

Take my name and just let me be



I was wandering in the rain
Mask of life, feelin' insane

Then a beggar boy called my name 
Happy days will drown the pain

____________________________________________________
Etc.: Just a short update before I pummel you with pics of Generations features... which are exciting now, but will seem lame and boring in six months. So, apologies to anyone who finds my blog and reads it six months from now.

The last lines are from Stranger in Moscow. I prefer listening to the version remixed with Sonic 3 music. If you liked the "old" Sonic games, it's worth looking up what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, I know what you mean. It's tough to resist that New! Shiny! urge.
    The new kid's stuff in Generations is great, and photoworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is, I'm used to snapping pictures when something "different" and out of the ordinary happens. So when I see any Generations stuff, my instinct is to take pictures, because I don't know yet what's good and what's going to happen 5 million times in the future, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 months and it doesn't seem stupid to me :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Generations is still my favorite expansion, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the screenshots from it!

    ReplyDelete