Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chapter 89: Chem-Cakes


Xue convinces Yasu to have a bachelorette party, so naturally she's the first person to arrive.

Shu Fang is the second person to arrive.


Yasu greets her quiet sister, asking if she's alright.

"I'm just... admiring the ribbons," Shu Fang says absently, as their uncle Luke crashes the party.


Shu Fang tries to do what's expected in these situations.

Yasu's eyes widen. "No... no..."


Sprayed with nectar.


Xue broke up with Leon and is dating Nathaniel now, but seems to have no bad feelings towards Leon as they two enjoy each other's company and dance together. Nathaniel isn't here or anything.


A special dancer named Hank appears.

No one seems pleased with him, and Yasu never finds out who invited him.


More nectar fun.

And why did Leon bring his kid brother? Sheesh.


Yasu wonders if her Uncle Luke was asked by Fischer to spy, but doesn't chase him away from the party.

Still terrified of the gnomes in the house, he allows himself to become overly intoxicated to deal with it.


Fischer goes to visit Felicia and her twin toddler daughters, Amy and Tamika.

"If it isn't my reclusive cousin," she muses aloud.

"I wasn't always a recluse," he reflects.

"Oh, you're probably safer being one."

"How are you?" Fischer doesn't want to seem overprotective, but Felicia's daughters were fathered by Stacey Archer, Sifton's son. Felicia once swore she would never be involved with vampires again, and suddenly she's married to one and having his babies. Not that there are many non-vampire men around, these days.

"I'm doing very well," she chuckles. "I can tell when you're worried, Fischer."


Fischer meets his second cousins. Tamika gives him a curious stare.

His eyes are as blue as her hat.


"I've read all your books," Felicia tells him, opening one and flipping through to find a certain page. "I've been meaning to ask you about this Terry character. Where was the inspiration for that? Is she a real person, Fischer?"

He takes a moment to remember. "Terry? Oh... oh, the cat lady."

"Yes, the toothless hippie lady with eighteen cats."

"The real Terry had more than eighteen," he admits.

"It's a good thing I'm too boring to write about," Felicia jokes. "I wouldn't want to end up in a satire."

Fischer sighs.


"The twins are a handful, but Stacey is a good husband and father." Felicia looks up at Fischer. "You have a vampire under your roof yourself, you should understand that they're much like us."

"Is he going to turn you?" Fischer asks warily.

"Goodness no... I couldn't handle the transformation. Stacey would never do that to me."


Kirk Khan is still hard at work trying to cure himself. He is not the first vampire to reject his heritage for personal reasons, or even safety reasons, but he isolates himself from the other vampires anyway, fearing they would criticize him.


But a cure is slow in coming, and Khan's issues worsen.

He finds himself often starving, as though plasma juice just isn't enough.


Maybe it isn't enough.


Yasu is out playing with her scrap metal, leaving Fischer an easy target.


Fischer panics at first. He's hypochondriac enough to realize when something is wrong.


But something keeps him, squirming, in place, unable to escape.

"You won't remember this," Khan promises.

It's easy to make a person forget what they don't want to remember.


Pained tears well up in Fischer's eyes; the bite is horrible and he has no vested interest in pretending otherwise. Standing still while this assault takes place is surreal. Like being drugged.

"I... I know where I left my pencils in high school," he stammers.


Kirk's mother has little but contempt for non-vampires. They're weak. Helpless. The tears would disgust her. Her son feels the opposite; disgusted by his parasitic nature.

"Are you okay?" Kirk licks the blood from his lips, feeling heavily guilty. Yasu's father is generally timid, caring and inoffensive, undeserving of harm. Fischer has has been kind to him thus far, and even paid for more research at the science center to help him out.

"Yes," Fischer replies, trembling dizzily. "Where am I?"

The two cuts heal, as if they were never there.


Within two minutes, Fischer is standing alone in the kitchen, trying to remember why he's here.

Was he going to make a key lime pie? That was probably it.


Yasu's pre-wedding jitters lead to a new tattoo.


The wedding day arrives and so do the extended family members.

Kipp here is grieving the loss of Kerry.


Fischer takes a moment to talk to his vampire daughter...


...before everyone files out into the backyard for the ceremony.


 Rhett is here. He's still family and friends with Yasu, even after the messy breakup with Shu Fang.


Rhett, Fischer and Pauline seem to be the only people able to find their seats.


Shu Fang has some trouble with her own telepathic abilities.

Felicia's mind is preoccupied with buying new clothes for the twins, and Shu Fang can't stop hearing her thoughts.


Vows are exchanged, and Rhett begins to cry.


Though his pain may also have something to do with the sun.

But Kirk Khan wanted to be married in the daytime, like a psycho.


This is the happiest day of Yasu's life.


Romantic kiss.


Audience reaction.

Javier keeps his emotions guarded, since he knows the government is watching him via satellite whenever he's outdoors.


Kipp cheers up when it's time to cut the cake.


Javier thoroughly examines the cake before eating it.


Having had too much nectar, Kipp's hand splats right through the cake when she goes to eat it.

"I sh..loves thish place," she confides to her brother. "I never shoulda left."


Kirk thanks his older half-brother, Brian Khan, for attending. Brian was not invited; Kirk barely knows him since Kellie threw Chauncy's older children from his first wife out as soon as she had the chance.

But Brian's attendance is appreciated.


Fischer lures Javier into the garage for some pillow wars.


Javier whoops loudly when he "wins." He loves winning.


A similar battle upstairs.

Shu Fang barely said anything and has already left. Her sisters try not to let it get them down.


Kirk and Yasu could have been sleeping together before now, but they never felt rushed to do so.

_________________________________________________________
Etc.: My first wedding since Generations was installed. The bachelorette party was underwhelming. The dancers show up randomly it seems. Yasu's party only got one, and I would have preferred a firefighter, so I could have made some comment in poor taste about Ashby.

The one white-haired dude next to Luke in one of the pictures is Rio, who also crashed the party. I picked "dress to impress" (a new option?) for clothing, meaning some sims showed up in their formal outfits and others showed up in some random EA generated "impressive" gear. Fischer was upstairs at the time and got morphed into a gangster. Heh.

Yasu rolled a wish to flirt with the party dancer, but I didn't let her, because it seems the new romantic system is crazy and unpredictable. Hank's behavior at the party was to burst in and cheer, then proceed upstairs (where nobody was), set his boom box on a shelf and begin dancing like normal (with the exception that he had a spotlight on him).

The wedding was cute, aside from the fact that only three people sat in the chairs I had so generously provided. The rest milled around awkwardly, making it difficult to take good pictures of the couple exchanging their vows. I like the wedding cake... they could have given us more choice in what it looks like, though. At least some different inside colors to choose from.

Not to be all negative about the new features. I suffered no major glitch during the parties, so that's great?

At this point Fischer is still in the adult stage, since I added days to adult and YA and child, and reduced the baby stage. My sims' lifespan is now at 100 days. I may chop off some elder days if this test run feels too long. I'm not sure. I'd feel bad doing that, since I don't hate old people or anything. In fact when I was a kid I would freak the !@#$ out if I saw an old person in pain on TV; even moreso than if I saw a child or adult harmed. This was probably due to insecurity; I suffered from an intense paranoia about something happening to my grandparents. I'm now done with university, and they're still alive and well. I'm lucky.

5 comments:

  1. I managed to keep my lifespan the same as normal, though even now I'm not quite sure how. XD
    Yasu looks so beautiful in her wedding gown, I don't recognize it. Is it cc? I love it in any case.
    I love this chapter, especially the title. I think it's my favourite part, that and the creepy cowboy dancer :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ebec! The dress may be CC or even from the store. My sims 3 game came with some EA store money (like 10 bucks?) that I spent on really dumb stuff. That seems like forever ago now.

    I liked how it showed off her wings and sun tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the wedding stuff is a little underwhelming, isn't it. I still haven't tried a bachelor party because, meh.
    Yasu's dress is gorgeous.
    I liked the scene with Kirk feeding on Fischer, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene with Kirk feeding off of Fischer was awesome! Great pictures and great scene. I loved the wedding, it was so cute and sweet. xD I have a habit of making my weddings at night because of all the vampires in my stories. Glad your groom didn't pass out or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, yeah. Vampires can be annoying. Luckily they weren't outside for very long.

    ReplyDelete