Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chapter 13: Perfect Child

Between the absent-minded trait and missing his wife, Randy isn't getting much done lately.


Sometimes he even has delusions that Randi's level 2 cooking was good.


Still stuck on maternity leave for some reason, Leona makes the most of it by teaching her child about proper eating habits, as well as how to read simlish.



With her mother dead, Leona feels free to dispose of the worst gnome in the house.


Some nice people from the future give Randy some new threads.

"Bye, guys!"


Scientists say these books will give child sims a jump start on skills they can barely even vocalize. Randy isn't a man to argue with science, because science is cool.


Little Sacha is a coward, but her toddler mind doesn't comprehend death, so she has no fear of Grandma.

    

Is robot for eating? ...Maybe bear?

Randy loved his wife, but he doesn't want anyone else to turn out like her.

"You be a good girl or else, Sacha."

A strange dream... maybe.


Randy goes to the local diner to sell some of his bell peppers and watermelons. As the only happenin' place in Riverview, it's packed. Dmitri is seen trying to make his mother understand his new career, and Fiona... has an announcement.


Those ears are good for something!


Contrary to Randy's first assumptions, the child isn't Dmitri's. In fact, Fiona has moved out of the Ivanov's house and is pursuing a career in sports. She wants to coach little kids.

"Mom! I'm tired! Mom! Tuck me in! Mom!" Mom only has eyes for cleaning, when things are dirty.

CHOMP.


     

___________
Etc.: I don't think sims can be assigned as ghost hunters on their own. As a test, I used MasterController to give Dmitri that job, and sure enough he's seen around town every night dealing with spirits! The Archer house hasn't been the subject of one of these jobs; I don't think it's possible for the player's house to be assigned as haunted for a ghost hunter job. But I'm not a programmer so I don't know for sure.

After a while, it became apparent to me that Leona's extended maternity leave was a glitch. The glitch was a disadvantage, since I was trying desperately to build the funds for a new bedroom for Sacha, and I wanted to see Leona achieve her lifetime wish of reaching the top of the military career. I eventually had to force Leona to quit her job and then "rejoin" the military career.

In the next chapter, Sacha will be a child. The short montage of her learning to talk and reading a few toddler books does not do justice to the real challenge "perfect children" turned out to be. She finished the last book only a few hours before aging up. Whew.

4 comments:

  1. In my legacy, I saw Agnes Crumplebottom in the ghost hunter outfit, so I imagine she got randomly assigned.

    Perfect Children is what lost me my first attempt at the random challenge, back before the nightlife challenge was even thought of. I had two children, and gruellingly shaped them both into perfect children. I got all the skills done, they made straight A's in school and were quickly climbing the career levels of their part time jobs when the unexpected happened. While the boys were at school and the husband was at work, the mother died in a fire. Their moods were terrible for weeks. With seconds to spare the oldest son reaches the 3 level of his part time job, but the second son bar steadily decreases. He pulls out of his funk a few days before he becomes a young adult, he's in a fantastic mood actually and can kick ass at his job, unfortunately he doesn't have to work again until after his birthday. I lose the challenge. It was heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, Nikey. =( That would upset me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had one of the townies be assigned as a ghost hunter, but I haven't seen him around hunting ghosts yet. Maybe Nathalie is just that good.
    And yes, I'm rereading the legacy again, I just don't want to sleep :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sacha was trying to suck the teddy's blood! That's both disturbing and super cute o_o I had no idea this was a thing; I never had a vampire baby so far!

    ReplyDelete