Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chapter 8: You Look so Fancy, I Can Tell

Randi gets a ride home from one of her accomplices, Maximus McDermott. Maximus notices Randi is glowing and immediately kicks her out of the van and speeds away, apparently terrified of the reminder of mortality. Randi is left standing shocked on this bridge in the middle of the night as she ages up to elder.

"I can still pull off this look," Randi tells herself in front of her twins' mirror as they sleep.

                                           
But maybe she's not as agile as she once was.



Randy thinks she should retire and be a housewife.

"Leona," Randi says, "I know you'll do something with your life. I know you'll be great."


Fiona makes some helpful rocket-like noises.


Still hacking. Apparently hacking the government. Her husband, who faithfully pays his taxes, would be annoyed.


He makes a cute little old man.


Never had an excuse for this clubbing wear after college.


Nutrition: acceptable.

Randi brings home another mystery object from work! This time, a picture of a car. She hopes Randy is impressed.


Randy's absent-minded nature doesn't get worse in old age. It just... continues.


Still an inventor, Randi creates her most awesome contraption yet: the miner!
Sure, it can dig up valuable gemstones, but its best feature is the ability to wake all the neighbors.


Leona is about to get a midnight snack when suddenly she bangs her fists on the fridge instead and cries, "TONIGHT I AM A WOMAN! I FEEL IT!"


Across the room, Fiona feels it too. Like someone put too much cake in her pancake.


Augh, Janeway hair!


"Stop it! Stop staring and clapping, you jerks! This isn't funny!"


A quick makeover. This nonsense will do for now.

Now a young adult, Fiona climbs into her childhood bed for the last time. She hasn't told her family yet, but she's decided to move out of her parents' house and start her own life.

At least she'll be getting away from the creepy gnomes.


Leona hasn't noticed her sister's mood. She spent all night in the bathroom deciding on her adult wardrobe.


Tonight is a good night to look vaguely like a Romulan.

_____
Etc.: I assigned "neat" to Leona and "athletic" to Fiona. Why would I do that, since Leona is going into the military career? ...Because I think neat and neurotic go together quite well.

3 comments:

  1. Rofl on the Janeway hair! And Leona makes a very nice romulan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, it totally is Janeway hair! I had never thought about that, and it *used* to be one of my favorite hairs in the game, but I may have to reevaluate now... Janeway kind of drove me crazy.
    I'm excited, though, because a new generation is always fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Janeway. I always think of her as an incredibly evil bloodthirsty creature.

    Yay, another Star Trek fan! =D

    ReplyDelete