Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chapter 33.5: Expansion Recap

This isn't really a story update. Just some pics of the house, which is a mess.

In this shot, teen Melody kindly walks downstairs to the basement, turning on all the lights. The stairs are outside, much to my annoyance (I had nowhere else to put them), so they lead to a room filled with plants and a burglar alarm (though I think burglars always go for the front door). The rest of the basement is protected from the elements, as there is a door between the stairway room and all else.


Walking through that door, you'd be greeted with Randy's brilliant paintings, and some other stuff.


Leona makes this picture of the outside stairs and laundry room window more interesting.


My favorite addition was Arthur's room, in the basement under the basement. It's my favorite because I made the rooms exactly the size I wanted them. They didn't feel too big or too small, unlike every other level of the house.

After the trip to France, I added the resulting glowy fly to Arthur's dresser. In this pic he's a teen again.


The first level basement has a section of general storage (a drink bar, exercise machine, sculpting area), which also holds the stairs to the second level of the basement. The general storage and second stairway is accessible through a silly saloon door on the side of Jazz's massive study... which grew a sort of second half. Also a dive well.


The harvester looks particularly menacing on display. Another one of the displays has a death flower, but I didn't take a close-up. Also the stolen car artwork is down here, where the cops are least likely to notice.


This place is also a graveyard for family portraits that turned out... unflattering.


What a mess. Also, Melody gets pregnant. Spoilers!


The front of the house.


The back of the house.

More consistent window placement? Who needs it.


Adult Arthur, still wearing the same PJs, decides the saloon door sucks. But that's just too bad.


Garage. Already an adult in my game, Melody developed the stupid vehicle enthusiast trait, and has named the Tofunda Wagon Maurice.


Laundry room. Bleh. The little different colored tables in the corners make me happy, though, as does the surviving original wallpaper behind the stairway. It's also in the bathroom, but the bathroom is likely to suffer a remodel.



___________________________________________
Etc.: This entry wasn't necessary, but I threatened to show off the house expansions.

Not wanting to be known for my empty threats, I figured I'd best follow up.

12 comments:

  1. Back in the Sims 1 era, I built houses for a now non-existent site called Deviant Sim, where I was known for bizarre and garish color combinations and weird ideas about decorating.
    Your house looks like something I would build. Not sure that that's a compliment, lol, but I really like it.
    The pink carpeting on the laundry stairs is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S., in Jazz's study, you have an Asian style bookcase that is emptied out and used as a display.
    Where did you get it?
    I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shelf! So many places to store things. Sadly I downloaded it forever ago, and don't remember where. =( I'll try to track it down for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found it! =D

    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-objects-furnishing-surfaces-miscellaneous/title/empty-asian-bookshelf-with-20-slots/id/979101/

    Hopefully that giant link posts correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs* Thanks so much! This will be so useful.
    In return, let me show you this:
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/401546
    Another emptied shelf useful for displaying your gems & crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Nice! That person also has a download for the little nik-knacks from the shelves, I see. I must have that plate!

    I should probably start combining my package files. D= I've tried not to collect very many, but sometimes I just see stuff I have to have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS... what shelving is this?

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VwT-mVI7QTU/TTgx7LPtFxI/AAAAAAAABCc/bnOyVeOmJUA/s1600/risk14i.jpg

    I've been wondering for a while. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, yes, that clutter pack is awesome stuff. And then you need more shelves for it all.
    Here's the one in the pic (plus more)
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/419678

    Also, check out these for a build your own shelving option:
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/426509

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can slide things up and down walls? O.O How?

    ReplyDelete
  10. First place the object. Then, grab it. Up and down arrows should appear, and you can use your mouse to move it up and down on the wall. Not everything can be moved. Sim paintings for one. But photographs can, and paintings from buy mode. Though EA being EA, they missed some EP and store items. Most wall lights can be moved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, drat. The first things I wanted to move were sim paintings.

    Still, this should come in handy for more unique homes. =) Can we move any of the windows?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, windows can't be moved.
    I hear you on the sim paintings, which is why I mentioned that first. I keep trying to move them, and they don't move.
    It is nice to be able to move wall lights, so you can have them above paintings and things without being right on top of them.
    Here are some mods that make awards and certificates shiftable, as well as wall TV:
    http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,19716.0.html

    ReplyDelete