Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chapter 17: Jazz

Another day of being a solitary vampire teen, watching butterflies and examining shiny rocks. Sacha likes to visit the quieter areas in Riverview. There are a lot of interesting little valleys and rock formations, all devoid of sim life.

Except for today. Today, there is a boy over there...


Sacha approaches cautiously.

It's Jazz Mynxo, a newcomer to the town. He's a quiet boy who moved from Twinbrook to Riverview with his uncle Bobby Sargeant. Bobby is a shady character in the military; thanks to Leona, Sacha has seen this guy, and she's pretty sure he can't actually be related to Jazz.

Patricia wouldn't approve of Jazz, but Sacha thinks he's kind of cute.

"Soo... I bet you have a girlfriend, too!"

No. And he knows what the Riverview high school kids think of newcomers, thanks. He's just here to collect rocks. For quite a while now, he has been after the elusive Vampire's Eye. And he says this in all seriousness.

Sacha frowns. He's a nature-collector, like herself. Maybe... she shouldn't have used such a rude tone.


Randi's miner came up with a lot of rocks she never tried to sell. One of these, Sacha feels, is the one Jazz has been searching for. Sacha has kept it on her person for good luck, but it's never brought her any...

She quietly hands it over.

Intermission: Randy could really go for some pizza right now. Leona says NO. The secret to his longevity must be in the homemade meals!


Jazz and Sacha get to talking. About just about everything. Sacha's cowardly nature is seemingly shattered by this unassuming boy. Does Jazz collect bugs as well as rocks? Has he ever caught a Rainbow Butterfly? She must know.


Halen becomes a teen.


Fiona, pictured here in rare formal wear (or is that a work outfit?), shouldn't be surprised that at least one of her daughters turned out this way.


Fiona was recently wed to Kenji Jones, a slightly younger man. A single father himself, Kenji lives in a separate house and doesn't plan to move in with his new wife until his teen son, Stanley Broke, is an adult. He'd also prefer it if Halen and Zoya were adults and moved out...


Halen does not approve of her mother's new love.

Jazz and Sacha grow closer. Sacha visits the Sargeant household a few times.


She quite likes the place.

Jazz may not say much, but Sacha could, like, write poetry about his eyes or something.


They agree to go steady.


Though Sacha is currently distracted, Leona is worried about the ghost issues. She breaks the bank to purchase a family cemetery nearby, and doesn't tell her father she took her mother's ashes there for scattering. She assumes he would have wanted them in that horrible urn on the nightstand forever.


 Cleveland is here too...


Yuri lurks around in the shadows to give his approval... but he's not very good at lurking, or at finding sufficient shadows.

 "Go inside, Yuri."


 Say cheese!


Sacha becomes a woman. The sparkles are different, this time...


Leona stops cheering, suddenly concerned.


__________________________________
Etc.: No more homemade! We're on generation 3 rules now. Since that includes "no strangers," Randy is still unlikely to get his pizza.

When going through the pictures, I realized Jazz didn't get a single speech bubble for himself. Heh.

If Jazz looks like a weird unholy demon to you, he probably should. He is not at all related to any EA sims. He was from a genetics experiment I was running in a now-abandoned game. If I was going to have to move someone in, it might as well be someone with those ornate Asian-eyes my boyfriend was so proud to have created (the eyes looked fantastic on the original sim female they were on). I don't think I'll import sims like this again, because I feel dirty about it.

Jazz has a beauty mark under one eye. I used MasterController to wipe what skills he'd picked up in the old game, and randomize his traits. He came up with bookworm, party animal, adventurous, lucky, and friendly.

Actually he was assigned one of those traits by the game when he aged to adult, but I forget which one.

Sacha has friendly, natural cook, coward, perceptive... and genius, since at every single life stage Leona had a wish to see Sacha become a genius. I think all sim parents get that wish, but this is the only family where I've had aging on, so they've been making a sucker out of me in many ways.

Before deciding on Jazz, I searched a fresh Twinbrook for guys to import, and came up with bleh. It was an exhaustive effort, and after that I didn't feel like trolling the gene pools of Sunset Valley or Bridgeport. Bobby Sargeant of Twinbrook will be an elder soon, but my story progression mod seems to love making old people have babies so mark my words, there will be a Sargeant family in this Riverview.

PS: I lied about Patricia being the only carrot-top. When Fiona married Kenji, I had to hunt him down and was relieved to find he was not only the child of an original Riverview couple (and quite a storied one), he was also an orange-hair, like his father. Also, now there's Jazz... who is just a freak of nature so his hair color doesn't really count. As I write this, I'm using The Sims Wiki to look through the Riverview families for more material. I'm disappointed to see I may have lost a few of them in the early days of my legacy, due to both EA story progression and me not knowing what I was doing.

3 comments:

  1. Jazz and Sacha's complementary hair color MAKE MY EYES BURN!!!!
    just kidding, lol, great update. I can't wait to see what flavor kids they pop out.
    I felt a little dirty when I imported a family to my town, too. But it was either that or go full amazon, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. While the kids are already there in my game, I have a few updates to go before they show up in the blog. ;.; Jazz took forever to reach young adult. Though I could have used Master Controller to shorten his days until transition, I decided I'd cheated enough. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also found some more pre-made sims in the bin that look okay. I may set some loose on my town.

    ReplyDelete